5 Hacks To Find A Bed Bug Infestation And 5 Tips To Keep Them Away
Oh, there is no bigger nightmare than having an empire of bed bugs on your bed biting you and sucking your blood. We generally fail to notice their existence until they multiply into a hundred of them and make an infestation on all your furniture. A bed bug can come from a guest or can travel on your travel bag from the hotel you checked in back to your home. You can also pick up bed bugs from your office or from public transport too. To avoid a bed bug infestation, you need to make sure that you are checking for the infestation in the right way and follow the tips to keep them away effectively. This blog has the easiest tips that will help you find the infestation and some easy bed bug repellent hacks that will save you from these tiny Vampires.
5 Signs Of Bed Bug Infestation
- The first sign of bed bug infestation is that it bites your skin and leaves behind tiny red bite marks. These marks are very itchy and leave behind scars for quite some time.
- The second sign that you notice is an unpleasant smell that is musty and very evident. This is the easiest bed bug sign that you can notice. The smell that comes all of a sudden is an alert that you are sharing your bed with the bugs.
- You will notice dark brown spots that are nothing but your dried blood stain. The stain happens when you either squish a bed bug under you or when you rub your bed bug bitten wounds on the mattress sheet. Be sure that there are at least a hundred bugs hiding in your furniture if you spot such marks.
- The eggs or bed bugs look like white dandruff on your furniture. If your furniture and mattress is of a dark colour, you can spot these eggs easily. They will look like powdery dust. At times, these could be the hatched eggs of these bugs too.
- The bugs themselves can be the sign of thor infestation. If you wake up in the middle of the night and turn on the light, you might spot some bed bugs that look like baby roaches. When you do this, you can spot their existence and hideouts too.
Tips And Trick To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs
1. Vacuum Clean
The first tip that you need to follow is to vacuum clean. The vacuum cleaner sucks out all the bed bug eggs and nits from the furniture. It can pull the nits and the eggs from the bed bug hideouts including the tiny cracks and holes in the furniture.
2. Wash And Iron
Heat is another option to get rid of bed bugs. Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers to remove the bug eggs and nits and then steam iron to kill the eggs and nits that are tightly clinging on to the sheets and covers. In this way, you can get rid of both eggs and nits of the bed bugs and break their reproduction chain.
3. Close The Cracks
The best way to get rid of bugs is to seal their hideouts in your furniture and even the holes and cracks in the walls.
4. Use A Natural Spray
A natural spray works wonders than a chemical bed bug control treatment. Get a natural bed bug repellent spray that has natural ingredients like lavender oil, peppermint oil, cedar oil and lemongrass oil. These oils have natural bed bug repellent properties and keep your room smelling good while keeping the bed bugs out.
5. Diatomaceous Earth Works
Dust this powder all over the furniture and it will kill the bed bugs by exosmisis. All that will be left on your bed is the drained out bed bug shell. This is a safer alternative to DDT powder.
These are the best hacks to eradicate bed bugs from your house. Try them and live a bug free life!